5th Star Airconditioning
Air Conditioner Re-gasing
If your air conditioning system needs to be re-gased, it is because there is a leak in the refrigeration system allowing the original refrigerant/gas to escape from the close system.
This is what we do:
- Recover any existing gas in the system using a gas reclaimer and gas deposit bottle
- Disconnect both ends of the interconnecting pipes and check flares
- Cut off old flares and re flare
- Reconnect pipes using flare sealer
- Nitrogen test system to 1500 or 2000 kpa depending what gas
- Vacuum out system for required time
- Add gas to system
- Test and measure that system is working right and efficiently
Re gassing costs
- Split System Re-gas: $450.00 includes gst – includes 1kg of gas. Additional charges if more gas if required is $20 per 100g.
- Ducted System Re-gas: $550.00 includes gst – includes 2kg of gas additional charges if more gas if required is $20 per 100g.